WHAT’S THE VALUE?
Here’s what people are telling us.
As a Majority World seminary, how will we benefit from having TWB Scholars visit and teach?
• Our seminary can teach more students. TWB visiting scholars help build teaching capacity.
• Our faculty will be assisted. TWB visiting scholars can free up heavily-burdened faculty for other strategic tasks, perhaps making it possible to release our faculty for well-earned sabbaticals.
• Our faculty will be respected. TWB visiting scholars are committed to come with humility for genuine partnership.
• We don’t want just anybody. TWB associated scholars will be vetted for suitability.
• We don’t want just anybody. TWB associated scholars will be evangelical, and committed to mission. They’ll have a recognized qualification at least one-higher-than-the-level of our students.
• We will save time. TWB will do the vetting and so we don’t have to.
• We want people who love us. TWB visiting scholars will be given orientation training for cross-cultural service.
• We want people who understand us. TWB visiting scholars will be given some orientation training and will understand they have much more they can learn.
• We want people who understand what’s sensitive. TWB is careful regarding security issues.
• Our faculty team will be enriched. Interaction with and learning from TWB visiting scholars increases their global awareness.
• We remain free to invite a scholar TWB offers—or not! TWB will not force us to invite a particular visiting scholar.
• Our feedback is valued. After their first visit, TWB will contact us to talk about how it went. After their first successful visit, TWB Field Partners may be invited to become a TWB Associate Scholar. Note that being a TWB Associate Scholar has no legal or official status with any other organization.
• DISCLAIMER: TWB does not guarantee fitness or suitability; it will take all reasonable care but no responsibility.
What will it cost to get a TWB Field Partner or Associate Scholar?
• There is a match fee of US $ 50 payable to TWB for each match we agree to.
• As a volunteer, TWB visiting scholars will bear their own costs of travel and the risks associated with each visit.
• Our contribution is valued. We make an in-kind contribution to the TWB visitor, perhaps accommodation and/or hospitality.
How will global theological education benefit from a TWB Associate Scholar visit?
• We’ll be helped to grow more indigenous leaders right where they are needed.
• We’ll help build partnerships with Western educators and the institution they come from.
• We’ll help encourage Western Christians as they learn about the vitality of the Christian community in the Majority World.